Learn how to set up a Pricing Test using duplicate products and Recharge Subscriptions.
In this article:
- Prerequisites: Reach out to support to confirm you are set up to test subscriptions.
- Step 1: Set up test in the Intelligems app.
- Step 2: Configure your duplicate products in Shopify.
- Step 3: Add your duplicate products to your subscriptions in Recharge.
- Step 4: Confirm subscription duplicate products are set up correctly.
- Step 5: Consider any Recharge apps that may be impacted.
- Step 6: QA your test!
❗Testing subscriptions often requires a more involved integration and setup than typical price tests. As a result, we recommend having Intelligems perform the integration if this is something you would like to test. Reach out to email@example.com or book time with an onboarding specialist here to get started!
Prerequisites: Reach out to support to confirm you are set up to test subscriptions.
Prior to setting up your test, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your account is set up with duplicate products and redirection.
❗If you either don't have Shopify Plus, or use Recharge 1.0, duplicate products and redirecting will be necessary for your test.
Step 1: Set up test in the Intelligems app.
Once you have confirmed the above with support, you can set up your test in the Intelligems app as you normally would! See our detailed guide here.
Step 2: Configure your duplicate products in Shopify.
If you have not already, follow these steps to configure your duplicate products in Shopify.
Step 3: Add your duplicate products to your subscriptions in Recharge.
In Recharge, follow these steps:
1. Go to 'Products' on the left hand side.
2. Click 'Add Products' in the top right.
3. Select all of your duplicate products and click 'Add # Products'.
4. Once you have added them, they will show up in the list with all of your other subscription products, but they will have no 'Collections' or 'Subscription type'.
5. You can now either click into each duplicate product and update the subscription settings individually, or select all of the duplicate products using the checkboxes on the left and click 'Update subscription settings' at the top.
6. Confirm that you have set up the subscription type, order schedule and discount for each new duplicate product.
Step 4: Confirm subscription duplicate products are set up correctly.
Once you complete step 3, Recharge will automatically create another duplicate product for each test product in Shopify. The Recharge duplicates will have the subscription discount in the product title, making them easy to find. These products should be set up correctly, but we recommend confirming the prices match what you expect and that the products are set to active. We also recommend adding a tag, such as 'Price_Test_Subscription_Duplicate', to make these products easy to find in the future.
✨ The prices on the subscription duplicate products should be equal to the price after the subscription discount.
Step 5: Consider any Recharge apps that may be impacted.
Many brands use Recharge apps, such as Workflows, to accomplish various things. If you use any apps, make sure these are set up to work with your new duplicate subscription products. A few things to keep in mind here are any apps that rely on product IDs or names as these may not match!
Step 6: QA your test!
Because tests that involve subscriptions have more moving pieces, we recommend spending some extra time on QA - follow this checklist to make sure you don't miss anything!