Learn how to set up a Pricing Test using duplicate products and Skio Subscriptions.
In this article:
- Prerequisites: Reach out to support to confirm you are set up to test subscriptions.
- Step 1: Set up test in the Intelligems app.
- Step 2: Configure your duplicate products in Shopify.
- Step 3: Add your duplicate products to your subscriptions in Skio.
- Step 4: Confirm subscriptions are set up correctly.
- Step 5: Consider any Skio workflows that may be impacted.
- Step 6: QA your test!
❗Testing subscriptions often requires a more involved integration and setup than typical price tests. As a result, we recommend having Intelligems perform the integration if this is something you would like to test. Reach out to email@example.com or book time with an onboarding specialist here to get started!
Prerequisites: Reach out to support to confirm you are set up to test subscriptions.
Prior to setting up your test, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your account is set up with duplicate products and redirection.
❗Duplicate products and redirecting will be necessary for your test.
Step 1: Set up test in the Intelligems app.
Once you have confirmed the above with support, you can set up your test in the Intelligems app as you normally would! See our detailed guide here.
Step 2: Configure your duplicate products in Shopify.
If you have not already, follow these steps to configure your duplicate products in Shopify.
Step 3: Add your duplicate products to your subscriptions in Skio.
In Skio, follow these steps:
1. Go to 'Products' on the left hand side.
2. Click 'Add product' in the top right if you would like to add products one at a time, or 'Bulk operations' if you'd like to add multiple products at the same time.
3. If you have opted to add products one at a time, find the product you want to add in the list and select it. Enter all of the required subscription information, and click 'Save' in the top right. If you have opted to add your products in bulk, you have the option between uploading a CSV or bulk creating subscription plans.
Step 4: Confirm subscriptions are set up correctly.
Once you complete step 3, subscription options should be available on your duplicate products. Confirm that they are working as expected by going to the Preview of your duplicate products from the Shopify admin.
Step 5: Consider any Skio workflows that may be impacted.
Many brands use Skio workflows, such as Rules or Quick Actions, to accomplish various things. If you use any of these, make sure they are set up to work with your new duplicate subscription products.
Step 6: QA your test!
Because tests that involve subscriptions have more moving pieces, we recommend spending some extra time on QA - follow this checklist to make sure you don't miss anything!