Confirm that everything is working as expected before starting your Shipping Test by following these steps.
In this article:
- Prerequisites: How shipping tests work.
- Step 1: Confirm that Intelligems can been added as a rate provider.
- Step 2: Confirm that Find & Replaces are working correctly.
- Step 3: Confirm that the Intelligems Progress Bar is working correctly.
- What happens next?
❗This QA list is specific to a shipping test. If you are QAing a pricing test, please check out this article!
Prerequisites: How shipping tests work.
When you create and save your shipping test, Intelligems will automatically be added as a third party rate carrier in your Shopify admin. With the Intelligems rate carrier installed, once you start your test, Intelligems will provide rates to shoppers at checkout based on their test group, cart value and item weight (if relevant).
Because we do not provide rates until you start your test, we cannot display any shipping rates when you are on your site in Preview Mode, but there are a few other things to check before starting your test to ensure that everything will work correctly.
Step 1: Confirm that Intelligems can been added as a rate provider.
- From your Shopify admin console, navigate to 'Settings' in the lower left corner and select the 'Shipping and Delivery' tab.
- Click 'Manage' next to the shipping profile you've chosen to run your shipping test in.
- Scroll down to the zone you've chosen to run your shipping test in and click 'Add rate'.
- Select 'Use carrier or app to calculate rates' and verify that 'Intelligems Shipping (Rates provided by app)' shows up as an option in the dropdown.
- That's it for now! If you do not see 'Intelligems Shipping (Rates provided by app)' as an option, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for help troubleshooting.
✨ Steps 2 &3 will be checked in Preview Mode, which you can enter by adding ?ig-preview=true to the end of your website's URL.
Step 2: Confirm that Find & Replaces are working correctly.
Did you set up any Find & Replaces for your test? If so, view any locations you used Find & Replace to change shipping prices on your store, such as a banner or FAQ page. Confirm prices are correctly updating when switching the test group in the Intelligems Widget. Note that you may need to hard refresh when switching groups in the widget!
Step 3: Confirm that the Intelligems Progress Bar is working correctly.
Did you add the Intelligems Progress Bar to your cart? If so, confirm that the threshold is updating when you switch test groups (if you are testing thresholds), and that the math is correct on the bar as you add and remove items to the cart.
✨ We recommend testing on multiple devices and browsers (such as desktop Chrome and mobile Safari) to confirm there are no discrepancies.
What happens next?
Now that you've QAed your shipping test, here are some things to do next: